Monday, July 14, 2008

NASCAR Weekend!

Chicago NASCAR Under the Lights 2008

Wow! It's July already???? I see my last post was in May - sorry about that! We've been busy doing lots of things (the deck is done! more pics on that later....) but last Saturday we went to the NASCAR race in Joliet (Chicagoland Speedway). This was the first time it was "under the lights" as the track just installed a huge lighting system to accommodate night time racing.

The race in Chicago has always been sweltering hot! I was looking forward to a much cooler race this year :) Wouldn't ya know it, this time a day race would have been very comfortable LOL! But it was cool under the lights. (not as cool as Under the Lights at Bristol, but still....)

It was an exciting race although the end stunk - Jimmy (#48) lost in the last lap :( due to a STUPID racer causing a caution in the last laps... and that driver was 5 laps down anyways.... grrrrrrr.

I don't take my camera to the races anymore as I don't like carrying a lot of stuff anymore. I did manage to take one sunset shot of the track with my phone though.

No comments: