Saturday, January 1, 2000

A Little About Laura

Now here's a little bit about me - Laura.

My business is making collectible teddy bears and selling them on the internet. The bears are actually for adults who collect bears ~ they are not safe as toys.


I started selling them on Ebay in 2000 and eventually learned how to make my own website. I now sell them on both my site and on Ebay. In 2002 I quit my job and started doing the bears full time.

My bears have homes all over the US... and also in the United Kingdom and Australia! At the end of this post you can find links to see more photos of my bears and also my websites.

I love making my teddy bears of course, but I also enjoy collecting them!

I love to read - although I have less time now. I usually read mysteries! I love "The Cat Who..." mysteries series by Lillian Jackson Braun. My NEW favorite mystery series is the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich (One for the Money,....) Thanks to Mom for turning me onto her! I've even got Jen hooked on these!

Although I haven't done a lot of it lately... I still love photography! I'll get some photography up here on the site eventually. I've been learning more and more about my Adobe Photoshop Elements program too which is fun.

I also keep busy by selling things on Ebay! If we haven't used it in a year (sometimes less time) then it goes on Ebay! With no basement - we just don't have room to keep stuff we don't use. It's a great way to help pay for the new hobbies and stuff too. Of course, I also keep busy BUYING stuff on ebay too!

I LOVE seasonal decorating! One of my favorite things to do is to go to my best friend Nancy's house to get ideas from her. She has a marvelous eye and talent for putting things "just so". I do tend to be a little more sparse in my decorating... or looking for things that do "double duty". We don't have lots of storage left for things that are just up for a little while.

And of course another hobby of mine is to TRY to keep the family webpage updated. I'm always fooling around with it and changing stuff. Maybe this time I'll actually keep the news part updated!

Laura's Websites


Laura's Stuff - Click Photos to See More








No comments: